lucy and gregs gap year

Lucy Goff and Greg Ford decided that 2006 was to be the year of change. Therefore to satisfy their need for travel and exitement they decided to take a gap year to New Zealand and Australia with their Children.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

17th October 2006

Greg Says.......

Finished work on Friday 13th. Now unemployed!! I shall definately miss all the people at work, but have no regrets about leaving at the moment. What we are doing seems to be the right thing for us at the moment. I had a good send off having a few beers at lunchtime, with a few more in the evening.

It's now only 4 days till we go, and we are on course to be ready. The furniture is in storage in Portland, and the house is nearly empty! Had a viewing today from a lady, who has said that she wants to rent the house, so hopefully fingers crossed, the house should be rented by end of next week!

We had the 'Goodbye' party on 7th, and saw a lot of friends and family, which was great. The 49 er went down well, I can vouch for that as I was in the utility room serving it up all afternoon!
There is a comment on the blog saying that hopefully there is 49 er in NZ.......Sadly don't think there is, so I suppose I'll have force myself to get used to some sort of lager! It's a tough old life! Still, the experience will give me something to look forward to on our return!

Alistair and Rowena are getting exited, and have sorted out all their toys and clothes. They are talking about how nice it will be to have their Mum and Dad teaching them, I thing they are under the impression it will be easy! We'll see about that shan't we!

Ben and Harry too, sound like they are looking forward to it too, as they are coming for the first week when we will be in San Francisco and Los Angeles. Just hope I can get them out of bed in the mornings!

Looking towards the weekend, on Friday we have a Ford Farewell at Hamworthy Club, let's hope I can get my final pint of 49 er there! Then Saturday it's D-Day......leaving Blighty for the next year or so!!! Blimey, it's come round so quickly!

Ok that's enough waffle from me, next entry maybe from the USA......oooh how exiting!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Dorset Rob said...

Greg,

Happy Christmas to you and yours!

I'm enjoying your blog very much. I'm soooooo bl**dy envious I can't tell you. I dare not let my Missus read about all the fishing you're doing - and how many you're catching - because she'd be on the next flight over there....One of these days!.

All the best,
Jim Clitheroe.

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home